2019: A Year In Review
2019 was an epic year for Pretty Frank.
Here’s a highlight reel of what kept me busy and some of the things I’ve achieved with you all by my side.
- I wrote for industry-leading wax supplier, All Seasons Wax in this piece and another here.
- Valentine’s Day collaboration with Light of Leni resulting in the Scent with Love collection. See the blog post here.
- The Scent with Love Collection was featured on The Pink Jubilee. See the post here.
- Created new box label designs
- Created a range of Mother's Day candles, designed to be as inclusive as possible. See the blog post here.
- Raised $100 for SANDS Australia via the Mother’s Day Collection. See the blog post here.
- Collaborated with 6 other women-owned small businesses on a piece called The best advice my Mum ever gave me.
- I spoke on the panel for the Butcher, the Baker and the Candlestick Maker, hosted by the Sydney Urbanistas. Read about it here.
- Launched a new initiative to plant one tree with each candle bought. Learn more here.
- Pretty Frank was a finalist in the Local Business Awards for Sole Traders. Read more here about my submission.
- I rebuilt my website from Squarespace to Shopify, allowing me to offer Afterpay and Laybuy and create a more efficient ordering experience for you. The feedback so far has been fabulous and I plan to keep improving my site.
- Seen in Hello May as part of my favours for Tim and Kim's wedding. See my post about the day here.
- Hosted a candle-making workshop for the Migrant Resource Centre. Check out the blog post here.
- Wrote a blog post for Long Story Short Design & Print all about the Tools of the Trade for the Modern Candlemaker. Read it here.
- Featured in TopKnot Girl’s Gift Guide 2019. See it here.
- Wrote a blog piece about some of my favourite women/LGBTQI+ owned businesses and what to buy from them for Christmas. This resulted in a TONNE of traffic to my website and multiple uses of their discount codes for sales from new buyers. Check it out.
- Launched the Christmas Collection. See it here.
- Held a market stall at the Mirvac Maker’s Market.
- Launched the Summer Collection